Dewey P. Brinkley
Raleigh Criminal Defense Attorney
Raleigh Criminal Defense Attorney Dewey P. Brinkley is a lifelong resident of Wake County. Born in Apex, NC and growing up in Wake Forest, he received his undergraduate degree from the University of North Carolina Chapel Hill in 1994. Mr. Brinkley then attended Tulane Law School and obtained his law degree in 2002. While in law school in New Orleans, Mr. Brinkley interned with the Orleans Parish District Attorney’s Office, an experience that sparked his interest in pursuing a career in criminal law.
After graduating from law school, Mr. Brinkley worked from 2002-2005 as a Wake County Assistant District Attorney where he handled over a hundred criminal trials as a prosecutor in domestic violence court, juvenile delinquency court and misdemeanor/traffic court.
In 2005, Mr. Brinkley went into private practice as a Raleigh Criminal Attorney and founded our Law Firm. Since then he has focused on handling serious felonies, DWI, drug crimes, sex offenses and misdemeanors. Mr. Brinkley has won acquittals for past clients in Superior Court jury trials and in District Court on charges of attempted first degree murder, robbery with a dangerous weapon, indecent liberties with a child, felony assault with a deadly weapon, possession with the intent to sell or deliver cocaine, assault on a female and driving while impaired. Today, we provide defense for a wide variety of criminal charges.
- The Law Office of Dewey P. Brinkley – 2005 – Present
- Assistant District Attorney – Wake County DA’s Office 2002 – 2005
- Tulane University School of Law, Juris Doctor – New Orleans, LA 2002
- University of North Carolina, BA History – Chapel Hill, NC 1994
- Deerfield Academy – Deerfield, MA 1990
Memberships and Associations
- NC State Bar – Raleigh, NC (2002 – Present)
- NC Bar Association – Raleigh, NC (2002-Present)
- The North Carolina Advocates for Justice, Criminal Defense Section – Raleigh, NC (2009 – Present)
- Wake County Juvenile Crime Prevention Council – Raleigh, NC (2006 – 2009)
- Pro-Bono Services, The Healing Place – Raleigh, NC (2006 – 2009)
- NC Bar Association 4ALL Task Force – Raleigh, NC (2008)
If you become a client of our firm, Dewey P. Brinkley will personally handle every aspect of your case. He devotes the time necessary to ensure that each client receives the best possible defense strategy. He will work one-on-one with you to learn your story and uncover the details that will make a strong defense possible.